Sunday, November 7, 2010

Simple and inexpensive ways to decorate with some bountiful gifts of nature !

Here are a few things I did to decorate my home this Fall season without spending a lot of money and by taking advantage of some of the bountiful gifts nature has to offer here in Utah.  

In the first display I cut some Red Fountain Grass from my yard, sprayed it with a little hairspray to preserve it, hung it upside down to let it dry out for a day, and then put it in this pretty glass bottle for our Fall enjoyment. I think it makes a really attractive and inexpensive display and it works with this and other grasses you may have access to. 
 



Here I took some multi-colored wheat and a few pods I picked off a tree when I was walking one day, to turn this pretty glass bottle into a really nice Autumn display.




Here I used natural, straw like ribbon that I bought many years ago and tied it with some wheat and a few misc things that I had laying around. It gives this pumpkin colored candle a great Autumn accent.




















I think this twig of dried lavender, a dried slice of orange, a couple of dried leave twigs, all tied with a couple of festive ribbons make a great Fall accent.
















I accented the plant in this old milk bottle for the season by using some of the same pods and natural twine I as I did before. As you can see, this twine is available in three complementing Fall colors.                         





Here, I simply placed dried out corn husk leaves in this beautiful handmade leave bottle that my best friend made for me. It gives this gorgeous bottle a perfect natural accent that makes it stand out even more.  




No comments:

Post a Comment